Lets talk about sleep deprivation

 Hi friends,

Happy new year!

Sorry it has been a while. Momma and fam caught the dreaded C word and only now recovering from what has been a long, tiring journey.

Moving on to the title.... sleep deprivation. Has anyone ever felt so tired that even the thought of bedtime makes them tired?? I really feel like I'm at a place where I am never going to see a full nights sleep again.

Sleep deprivation for me began well before the twins were here. During pregnancy, the urge to sleep was so profound, but as I lay in bed every night the little light never would switch off. It was either I was too big and uncomfortable, or I needed to pee every 5 minutes, or my mind was just racing with 101 different thoughts. Some nights i would cry as I would crave just a few hours sleep before my toddler would wake. I used to try different methods just to see if I could crack the code. My bedding would reek of lavender sleep spray, the room would be super dark and white noise playing. I would have a switch off time so no phones or gadgets after a certain point to enable me to unwind. I would try warm baths, oils, anything I could google I tried. Yet nothing worked for me. 

Fast forward twins being 9 months old now and here I am, still very much sleep deprived. They still are not great sleepers. Some nights they will sleep through the night and others will be rough. However, my body clock has now adjusted to random wake ups even when they sleep through. Some nights, one twin might be grizzly and need a few cuddles to get back down.  They are very much unpredictable and just this mere thought of unpredictability keeps me awake some nights. 

I do dream of the day when I can finally have a full night's sleep again. any tips are fully welcome!

All the best,

Momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Lets talk about Terrible 2's