Lets talk about partners

 Hi Friends,

Does anyone else feel that their partner is the cool parent whilst you are stuck in the strict mum zone? Are you labelled the fun police? Then look no further my friends, this is the club for you!

I love my partner to bits, but somedays it really does feel like the children give him alot more credit than due. I am constantly running around making sure they are safe, fed, bathed, changed, clothed and refreshed from naptime. Yes, on top of working a real job too!

Daddy goes to work, comes home, has his me time and then spends a few minutes playing with them and he is hailed the best parent ever. At first it was cute. I loved seeing their faces light up and running to daddy. I didn't mind so much either when the twins first words were 'Da Da' (although I'm sure I heard one of them say 'mama' once!) But COME ONNNN. Everyday its tantrums for daddy bedtime, tantrums for daddy feed me, tantrums for daddy cuddles. When does mummy get the spotlight?? I mean after all, mummy carried you and birthed you and is still suffering from the insane backaches and big belly. But hey, they're only little once. I dont want to be remembered as the fun police ... but someone has to do it otherwise this house would be upside down by now.

At least I know my fellow mommas are in this with me. Lets stick together and be the kick ass boss woman that we are! In the famous words of Beyoncé, 'who run the world.....' 

All the best,

Momma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Lets talk about Eat, Sleep, Repeat